AMI 4 Europe
North East Regional Development Agency is partner in the implementation of the project “Advanced, Cross- Disciplinary & Integrated Medical Imaging for all Europeans through a Network of Regional Clusters and Development Strategies” (AMI 4 Europe), financed by the European Commission through the Framework Programme 7 – Regions of Knowledge.
For policy makers, policy drivers, researchers, large companies and SMEs as well as physicians who wish to contribute to the definition of “next generation” of Medical Imaging integrating nanomedicine, pharmacological breakthrough, biotechnology for healthcare and ICT, AMI-4EUROPE is the European project that will bring together all relevant stakeholders to co-ordinate, integrate and set up a newly defined EU-based Value chain on Advanced, Cross- Disciplinary & Integrated Medical Imaging.
AMI-4EUROPE will implement the first European Platform for Medical Imaging to create a common ground to promote policies, technologies and research results.
Medical Imaging has transformed medicine and how physicians measure, manage, diagnose, treat and even think about medical illness and conditions.
The objective of AMI-4Europe is to define and develop the concept of “next generation” Medical Imaging integrating disciplines such as nanomedicine, pharmacological breakthrough, biotechnologies for healthcare and ICT through the involvement of policy makers, researchers, enterprises and physicians.
AMI-4EUROPE will address the following issues:
• Evaluation of impact of Medical Imaging, nanomedicine and biotechnology based healthcare in Europe;
• Analyze European, national and regional policies and programmes for Medical Imaging;
• Bring together policy makers and key groups to define the new concept of “Advanced, Cross- Disciplinary & Integrated Medical Imaging”;
• Transform all suggestions, comments and relevant issues into a concrete action plan to drive and boost regional and European economic development.
AMI-4EUROPE actions include:
• Workshops and roundtables to identify future development of Medical Imaging;
• Three European conferences to guarantee the exchange of ideas and needs among researchers, policy makers and key stakeholders and promote the concept of “ Advanced, Cross- Disciplinary & Integrated Medical Imaging”
• An European Platform reporting information of the state of the art of research and policy and programs for Medical Imaging.
• The European Platform for Medical Imaging reporting information of the state of the art of:
– Technology transfer from Research to Application
– Tools and technologies for health care systems
– Policy strategies for health care of European citizens
• Setting up two clusters on medical imagistic in North East Region and Bosnia Herzvegovina. The founding members of the research driven cluster from North East Region will be North East Regional Development Agency, Universitatea de Medicina si Farmacie Gr.T Popa, Spitatul Clinic Judetean de Urgenta “Sf. Spiridon” si Romsoft Iasi.
The project consortium is made up of the project coordinator Madrid Network Association from Spain and 21 partners from 6 countries, as following:
– Madrid Plataforma de la Salud y el Bienestar (Spain)
– Asociación Madrid Plataforma de la Biotecnologia (Spain)
– Pharmapolis Klaszter Kft. (Hungary)
• Universities and Research centers
– BIOMETI (Germany)
– Univ. Tor Vergata (Italy)
– Universitatea de Medicina si Farmacie GR.T POPA IASI (Romania)
– Medicinski fakultet Univerziteta u Banjaluci (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
• Regional Development Agencies
– Filas (Italy)
– INNOVA ESZAK (Hungary)
– Agentia pentru Dezvoltare Regionala Nord-Est (Romania)
– Agencija za Ekonomiski Razvoj Opstine Prijedor (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
– Hospital Clinico San Carlos (Spain)
– Spitatul Clinic Judeatean de Urgenta "SF. SPIRIDON" IASI (Romania)
– Zdravstvena ustanova Opšta Bolnica Prijedor (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
– Xpertia Soluciones Integrales(Spain)ù
– Andango (Spain)
– Abadia (Spain)
– Advanced Computer System (Italy)
– Romsoft (Romania)
– Europrojekt Centar (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
– Investitions und Forderbank Niedersachsen (Germany)
The project’s duration is 36 months and the start data is 1st October 2010.
For additional information, the contact person from North East Regional Development Agency is Mrs. Alina Capitanu, tel 0233218071, e-mail email@example.com, technical expert of the project AMI 4 Europe.
AMI 4 Europe project brochure
For more information please visit project's dedicated web site www.ami-4europe.eu.
Useful links: The North-East Innovative Regional Cluster for Structural and Molecular Imaging (IMAGO-MOL) - www.imago-mol.ro